A couple of weeks ago I drove to Horseshoe Bay , a couple hours away, to pick up my sister Jamie and her sweet pea Fargo. Fargo will be staying with me and my 3 amigos for a couple weeks! She's a wonderful house guest, and we are all enamored with her. She's a sweet sweet girl, how could we not!
Ticket came with me to pick up Jamie and Fargo. All 3 get one on one time with me, and it was her turn. She raced to the van, leapt in...and wondered where the fuck her big brothers were! 10 minutes into the trip she laid on the seat and crashed till we got there. It was much too boring without the exuberance of the 2 hooligans.
After scooping up Jamie and "sweet pea" we headed to Kelly and Sumeet's home, chatted for a bit and headed for a quick stroll through Queen Elizabeth Park Stunningly gorgeous! We really should have gone to the flower gardens, but it was great where we walked and parked our arses for a bit.
Does anyone know if this is a Magnolia tree? My gawd, the scent from the flowers was beautiful!
And a flower from it...
A rhubarb patch in the middle of the park!
Fargo
Ticket and Jamie showing their stunning profiles
Ticket and Jamie showing their stunning fronts
Then we went to the Oakridge Malls food court. The first place that caught my eye was Kernels. You like Dill Pickle popcorn, they have it! Hot 'n Spicy, they have it! 14 trillion flavors, they have it.
This next photo shows only a teeny weeny fraction of the people that were there. Well over 300 people slurping and noshing and talking. For such small town ladies ( Jamie and I ) the noise was seriously overwhelming. I couldn't wait to leave that mall.
Driving back to Kelly and Sumeets to drop them off I handed Kelly the camera and told him to snap some photos.
This is B.C. Place ...home to the B.C.Lions. ( our football team ) It will also be where the opening and closing ceremonies for the 2010 Olympic Winter games are held.
I was looking at the hordes of people walking and all the cars ( at least 23 trillion cars ) and said, where the hell do all these people live?? Jamie said, on top of each other. She's right...I cringe when I think that I used to be one of these bees. Look at the hives they live in!
Dropped Jamie back off at the Ferry and headed home. Fargo did a lot of sniffing
Hey lady, that's about enough with the photo taking!
Frank's not shy...take MY photo!!!
Good to see you back! LOVE all of the pictures but I'm afraid I'll be of no help identifying any of the unknown's - I'm hard-pressed to correctly identify a cactus. :)
ReplyDeleteThat last picure of Frank just cracks me up!
Have a great weekend.