I need some help, the following 3 flowers/trees are nameless to me. Anyone know? They are growing at a rest stop that has an excellent river walk alongside it I try to get to at least once a week. Funny, I never noticed this tree and this flower before!
And here's the tree/s this absolutely lovely smelling flower grows on...
Aren't these flowers beautiful!! By the side of the road...
My backyard flowers- Delphinium
Chive flower
Sage flower
Dahlia. It's a pity the flowers only stay for a week or so, it's a very eye catching flower.
Fargo caught laying on the couch....teaching my dogs bad lessons. But she is very comfy!
Watcher
Ticket is looking worried because the love of her life Watcher, has moved out of eye view.
awwwww,doggies.
ReplyDeleteI love Fargo teaching your gang bad things,lol
I have no clue what those flowers- trees are. They sure are beeeyootiful though. I especially
love the one with the windy dark branches.
I ALMOST let her lay on it,but it's that *plether* (not sure of the spelling ) and her nails might go right through it. Easy to clean but not to patch up!
ReplyDeleteMan, I sure wish I could find out the name of the tree. The gorgeous aroma from it's flowers was heavenly.
Although I've been mesmerized by last 3 shots ( gorgeous!), and even though my brain's been comfortably numb for days, I think I could possibly reveal the secret of your flowering tree. Being a total sucker for any tree with Mimosa-like foliage, I'd say this is a beautiful specimen of Black locust (or Robinia pseudo-acacia ). I was hesitating between hardy locust and the gentle Mimosa Tree last summer, ended up with Mimosa which was wiped out by the severe winter. I saw a similar specimen, was admiring it's overpowering scent the other day in the park. I would surely love to have one of these beauties in my backyard, if not for the lovely scent and flowers, than just for the beauty of foliage. And the flowers seem to me as common Lupins (except these were not cabbaged by slugs like mine were). What do you think?
ReplyDelete1)http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/Robinia_pseudoacacia_JPG.JPG
ReplyDeletehttp://www.naturephoto-cz.eu/robinia-pseudoacacia-picture-1262.html
2) http://i.pbase.com/u5/tomsview/large/41018838.DSC_5747a.jpg
http://www.marcadamus.com/images/large/Lupine-Meadow.jpg
I agree with the lupins id :-)
ReplyDeleteI love Ticket's ears.
Violet!!! My hero!!!!
ReplyDeleteI KNEW you would know what that magnificent tree was! Black Locust...finally I know. Yay!
I wish I could dig it up and send it to you. My gawd the flowers on it smell delicious.
Ticket says thanks for the compliment on her ears Hornblower! (and welcome to the madness of this blog! )