"I wanted to take part in this advert for Women's Aid because while domestic violence exists in every section of society, we rarely hear about it" ~ Kiera Knightly
Kudo's to the lady for doing this. It seems there is a fallout....can you fucking believe that? Some news agencies have said she has gone too far. It's too violent.
WTF? Of course it's too violent! Do these news agencies think that domestic violence is PG-13? Well done to Keira for taking part and shame on whomever thinks that the message should be fluffed up.
What a bunch of fucktards. Perhaps that is the whole point,it being violent. grrrrr
That was very powerful,good for her!
The kids and I were just talking about something Jig witnessed and told the police about. It reminded me that it's not just the abuse the spouse inflicts that hurts,it's the silence from those who see it and excuses from bystanders who do nothing,that also does damage. Those assholes who'd see this piece made into something softer,are just as bad.
Some time ago, when my Mom was visiting, we witnessed a man roughing up and yelling at his wife....right on the street!! I pulled over, honked and yelled out the window at her "do you need a ride to the police station?" She looked mortified. He looked like an angry puffy red-faced from yelling bully. She said she was fine. I stayed parked and watched them walk away.
My Mom looked as mortified as the woman. She said "maybe you shouldn't have said anything".
I said "Mom, what if that was me on the corner getting roughed up?" She got it.
Hola! Just checking on you... Still addicted to PS Elements? My mom just got it (Costco had a coupon which made it only $50!) and she can barely stop playing long enough to eat, sleep & pee. :) Hope you're doing well!
I am laughing so hard right now!!! Your Mum and I should form a Elements Anonymous group!!!
It is addicting!!
Traveling to Vancouver Island today to visit my good friends Jo Ann and Wayne...who live in Comox and Port Alberni. Short visit, just a couple of days, but a much needed getaway.
I'll have a shitload of photos when I get back I'm sure!!
WTF? Of course it's too violent! Do these news agencies think that domestic violence is PG-13? Well done to Keira for taking part and shame on whomever thinks that the message should be fluffed up.
ReplyDeleteWhat a bunch of fucktards.
ReplyDeletePerhaps that is the whole point,it
being violent. grrrrr
That was very powerful,good for her!
The kids and I were just talking about something Jig witnessed and
told the police about. It reminded me that it's not just the abuse the
spouse inflicts that hurts,it's the silence from those who see it and excuses from bystanders who do nothing,that also does damage.
Those assholes who'd see this piece
made into something softer,are just
as bad.
"bystanders who do nothing"
ReplyDeleteI cannot abide a bystander who turns a blind eye.
Some time ago, when my Mom was visiting, we witnessed a man roughing up and yelling at his wife....right on the street!! I pulled over, honked and yelled out the window at her "do you need a ride to the police station?" She looked mortified. He looked like an angry puffy red-faced from yelling bully. She said she was fine. I stayed parked and watched them walk away.
My Mom looked as mortified as the woman. She said "maybe you shouldn't have said anything".
I said "Mom, what if that was me on the corner getting roughed up?" She got it.
Good for Jig on speaking up Lael!!
"WTF? Of course it's too violent!"
ReplyDeleteExactly! jeeeeezuz....
Hola! Just checking on you... Still addicted to PS Elements? My mom just got it (Costco had a coupon which made it only $50!) and she can barely stop playing long enough to eat, sleep & pee. :)
ReplyDeleteHope you're doing well!
Oh My Gawd
ReplyDeleteI am laughing so hard right now!!! Your Mum and I should form a Elements Anonymous group!!!
It is addicting!!
Traveling to Vancouver Island today to visit my good friends Jo Ann and Wayne...who live in Comox and Port Alberni. Short visit, just a couple of days, but a much needed getaway.
I'll have a shitload of photos when I get back I'm sure!!
I'm jealous! Have a Nanaimo bar for me!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteBest wishes for a fun, happy & safe trip!