March 03, 2009

The Fisherdog

So, last night I took 2 freezer burnt whole Salmon out of the freezer, baked them, chopped them up, mixed up their dinner with some and fed them. I left the other pieces to cool on the counter. ( It was going to be added to the dogs kibble during the week. )

The phone rang, well hello Denise! We chatted for a bit, got updated in each others lives, laughed, it was a nice 1 hour or so chat. Always great to hear from her.

I go to the kitchen to put the cooled salmon in the fridge and..... where the fuckity fuck fuck is the fucking salmon???

I know for a fact Watcher isn't the thief. It isn't in him to do that because a few years back when he was a counter surfer/grazer I set up a few mouse traps on the counter, which scared the poop outta' him. So, he was out of the equation. Ticket? Nah, she wouldn't do that...would she? She does love salmon though,and months ago did snatch a bag of cinnamon buns off the counter. Frankie? He was the one I stared at accusingly. He's the sneaky one here. But, no proof.

I figured whomever had all that fish in their stomach would get the shits at some point and then I'd know for sure.

3:30 this morning Frankie jumped on my bed whiningwhiningwhining, ran to the back door and valiantly tried to open the door. ( if he had thumbs, he would have opened it ) I snickered because I
now know that he is the fish thief. The little dick. I stood at the door and waited. And heard the most disgusting sounds ever. That salmon poured out of him. I chuckled and for an instant thought, "well, he'll never do that again". But immediately resigned myself to the fact that he will never equate eating that scrumptious salmon with having an upset stomach and the shits.

But, still I laughed. Because I'm like that. I'm mean.

The lesson was for me to nevernevernever leave salmon that close to the edge of the counter.

And to go buy some more mouse traps

5 comments:

  1. LOL,what a bugger!
    I'm glad he got outside in time,could you imagine cleaning up THAT mess?? ewwww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lael, I thought about the "mess that may happen" ALL last night before I drifted off to sleep.

    UGH/BLECH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wheneve something is missing from the counter, or has been left in a chewed-up mess all over the floor -- the dogs are never to blame. It's the cat. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh geez...the Salmon story is SO the type of thing that happens to me lol! I've lost so much food to my Mals I stopped counting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I had a good laugh at this when you first posted the story as i think anyone with dogs or cats for that matter ..um wait a minit one of my pigs made off with my cookies the other day..anyhow i think we all can relate!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...