Okay! Okay!! Let's go to the river!
WTF is this stuff??
2 huge patches, both about 2 inches thick with hair. Deer hair?? No blood, nothing to determine a death happened there. But why all the hair?? Oddest thing I've seen around here.
I didn't realize the river was so low, and alot of the sand has been washed away. Spring and summer is the best time to go to Hunter Creek I suppose. Too many big rocks makes for an uncomfortable walking surface.
But geeeeeezuz, check out the slab of glacier rock!
The rocks in this creek have aged green from algae. Pretty!
Rocky walking, so we headed over to the blackberry walk to the river. Here the river was too high. There were also a few back eddies that would have swept the dogs down river, so we didn't stay for long.
Careful guys!! They had no intentions of swimming, too bloody cold, but a few more feet out I would have had to jump in and pulled them back. I'm going to stay away from this spot for a bit.
Look how beautifully smooth,and round, these rocks/pebbles were....
It snowed last night! Just a light dusting. I liked waking up to it....and here I thought I was donedonedone with winter weather. It did piss off Frankie though. He hates snow and rain. When his little pansy feet touch the wet it's like his feet are on fire. ( behind his back, Watcher, Ticket and I call him Miss Priss )
I love all your photos,you have an artistic eye.
ReplyDeleteI've seen big piles of hair like that before too..it's the weirdest thing. I wonder if it's from a smaller animal,who's been yanked up by an eagle or something?? I think I need to investigate because it drives me crazy whenever I see that.
heheheh,those rats! My cats were tolerant of our guinea pigs but I'm
not sure how'd they be with rats..oh who am I kidding,they'd probably iggnore them. They can't even properly kill mice.
No way is that small animal hair. Well....maybe it was a whole bunch of small animals though! Hehehe!
ReplyDeleteThe hair is really coarse, and such thick chunks of it....it's driving me crazy not knowing what it was.
That cat in that video was incredible with those rats!! I wonder if it had been given shit once and since then behaved, or was just a sweet mannered cat? Incredible nonetheless.
Artistic eye? Well thanks Mam! But I think it has alot to do with the camera,and what it can do. But I take that compliment!
p.s. I wanna' see photos on your blog!
Beautiful scenery! I do believe that cat has some friends for life now.Our cats wouldn't be so friendly. Shamu and Prissy.
ReplyDeleteI used to see big lumps of hair on my walks through the 'wild' parts of countryside or islands, I always thought the hunters must have skinned something down but then again, I never saw blood. I did see cattle intestines hanging of a sea rock - most disgusting sight ever. Whatever it is, lumps of hair like that always give me the shivers. I always have the darkest thoughts of their origins too (it's a hard life, being a misanthrope LOL). But I always like watching photos of your dog walks. Hope you are all doing well. I'm back at last, although I haven't really been gone, not for long anyway. But it's a long story.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I love waking up to a snowy surprise, but then, the road slush that follows kills all the magic. I prefer to be covered in at least 1m of snow (so all the traffic stops) or not have snow at all. Cheers!
uought2b.a.dog...it is truly a beautiful place where I live. I never ever ever take it for granted either. It's a slice of heaven.
ReplyDeleteViolet....I missed you. Seriously. Missed you.( I'll be over in a bit! )
Hahaha! I am with you on the snow. Give me lots or f off.