I had not thought about the National Film Board of Canada since I was a kid in school. Near the end of some school days, we all gleefully sat around and watched a short documentary. That is my favorite memory of school. I loved watching the films. Anyway...I came across the NFBC's website and voila! a whole cornucopia of films!
Last night I watched a documentary on Kanehsatake. Some background....in 1990 the mayor and council of Oka, a small village in Quebec decided to expropriate/steal ( for the nth time ) even more land from the Mohawk Nation to add another 9 holes to their golf course. Yes. A fucking golf course. The Canadian army became involved. 150 million, yes million dollars was spent on it, and to this day, the land claims are still not decided. Sad. Sad and pitiful.
How cool! But odd. Watermelon Carving
*snort* *giggle * Crappy kids artwork
Ice ice baby Ice Waterfalls
* snarf snarf * Amazing Cakes
I can finally see a bit of blue poking out amongst the grey clouds, so gotta' take the dogs for a stroll while it's not too bad.
Enjoy your day!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!
Hi back!