For dinner last night I tried a new recipe for French Onion Soup. And let me tell you, it was the most delicious bowl of soup ever. Seriously. Ever.
And I did a bad thing. (for me anyway ) I have been really good about not eating any animal meat, but for this recipe I needed chicken and beef broth. Oh I am sooo going to hell. But I'll be smiling!
You can find the recipe HERE. That link will take you to The Pioneer Woman.com. I visit her blog every day, very entertaining website. It's not just cooking there, it's photography tips, photoshop tips, gardening, home schooling, lottsa stuff. Her tagline is "Plowing through life in the country, one calf nut at a time". That line alone should make you want to go to her site! *giggling here*
I had a few crying jags yesterday, thinking about Jack. Woke up puffy eyed and tired. And with a wet face from the good morning face washes from Watcher, Frankie and Ticket. Nuttin' better than dog kisses first thing in the am.
The sky is a pretty blue and the sun is shining. I should take the dogs for a good romp in this humongous field I came across last year. After I have a leftover bowlof French Onion Soup that is!
Hope it's sunny where you are, and alls' right with your world.
I read your post yesterday about Jack, but I couldn't bring myself to respond. I was pretty sad about it, obviously thinking about when my two aren't around anymore. But, life goes on -- I'm glad you had a sinful bowl of soup and perhaps a nice walk with your pups. Love ya.
ReplyDeleteAwww,I'm sorry it brought you down Snow.
ReplyDeleteTell you what, when Jack was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma, it brought me, literally, to my knees. We had just over a month together till he passed, and I made every freaking moment with him matter. Really truly matter.
I do the same now with Watcher, Frankie and Ticket. Not a day goes by where they don't feel the love. Don't waste one second thinking about when they aren't here, just do the now, the today.
I know you love Sioux and Buck. They, I am positive, fell your love and adoration.
And ohhhh baaaabay, that soup was indeed, sinful. Gawd it was good. Flavour flavour!
Ooh my gosh,that SOUP!
ReplyDeleteMust have that soup!
It's funny(or sad,depending on how you look at it) your post about Jack,got me thinking about Beans too,so I went back today to read the posts from that time and found myself sobbing my eyes out too.
It was sad obviously but I can't help but get a kick out of all of us dog lovers,crying together yet apart about our lost pets. It made me feel..close to everyone
out there who loves their dogs.
Ya know? I'm glad we've all known
love like that:)
I'm making that soup this weekend as a treat for my hubby,Mmmmmm
Lael, if you make this French Onion Soup, with every ingredient, no substitutes, you will never make another. Honestly.
ReplyDeleteI normally tweak recipes, but this needed no tweaking.
It does call for one cup of Chardonnay...what liquor store sells one glass worth? I bought a bottle and drank it while the onions baked.
And the Gruyere cheese is nutso expensive!!! Idiotically expensive. Horribly expensive. But gawd damn man, 'ya gotta' have THAT cheese.
Enjoy!!
I always hate stories of loss. I can't bear to share my own. You have my deepest sympathy.
ReplyDeleteLael...you said, "It was sad obviously but I can't help but get a kick out of all of us dog lovers,crying together yet apart about our lost pets. It made me feel..close to everyone
ReplyDeleteout there who loves their dogs.
Ya know? I'm glad we've all known
love like that:)"
Meeee tooooooooooo!
Life With Dogs...I too hate reading stories of loss. And I wavered an incredible amount on whether or not to post about Jack. But, in the end, I felt a deep need to honor his one year passing. In honor of him.
I won't be one who posts sad yearly memorials about him. He was such a joy to my life, I won't allow that one painful memory about him to engulf me.
I thank you for your sympathy for my feeling of loss. Going to visit your blog!
Sounds like you really enjoyed that soup! I like french onion dip, but am not a big fan of soup. lol It is sunny here tody, too! woof woof...Shamu and Prissy
ReplyDelete