January 14, 2009

A Trip to the Big City


I visited Kelly and Sumeet Monday. And I was very very brave about driving over the Bridge From Hell/Port Mann Bridge . That sucker is consistently congested and takes forever to get across. Which is daunting if, like moi, you are a fraidy cat about them.

Here's how the drive began, a nice empty road at 3 o'clock


Then a couple more stragglers


Then more


Coming up to the vewwy scaiwwy Port Mann


EEEEK!!


I turned Bob Marley ( Exodus ) real loud and I was sorta' fine. :)



Oh my freaking gawd, look at the bloody traffic!!!


Yahooooo!!!! My exit off of this horrible place


It was about 5 o'clock by the time I made it to the outskirts of Vancouver. This is where all the crows gather, then fly off together to their rookery. There can be up to 30,000 of them! Can you imagine the shit!! And the noise!!


Sky Train, bloody traffic, and see that guy in the middle of the median? He's going to ask me in about 3 seconds if I want my windows washed. Not. ( it freaking rained all the way down, my windows are clean )


Science World


Outside of Kelly and Sumeet's apartment building. Somewhere in that blob of concrete are people I love.


Sam asking "who goes there?"


Oh. It's you. Hello. Wanna climb up here and rub my belly?


This is Sal, Sam's bro. He's a real fighter, he has diabetes and requires insulin injections twice a day.


This is a picture of a window screen. Why, you might ask? Perhaps because I am dim witted/slow/seriously thick.


So I got closer and here's how it turned out. A view from the window over looking the concrete jungle of Vancouver
.



Excellent visit, it's always great to see and speak with Kelly and Sumeet. They're both happy and healthy and that's all that I want.

Here's what I saw a million and four times in Vancouver



Traffic lights. And most of them red. There is only one stop light in my little town. And half the time it's blinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...