Shouldn't they have rain sheets on? The horses we had as kids always had protective sheets on....for the dampness of rain, and the cold of snow. These 2 huge beauties had no cover to get out of the rain, ,no coats, just standing in a huge field.
Eagles don't seem to care. A friend phoned me and said "get your ass over here, there are 50 or so Eagles!!" Just a mere 5minutes away so, I shoved my feet into gumboots and arrived to find only one lone straggler.
Then took a few pictures of the lake....misty misty morning
I'm taking the dogs out to the same lake today for a run, and if they are
Hope you all enjoy your day!
Where do wild horses go when it rains? ;)
ReplyDeleteThat's funny you said that!
ReplyDeleteA friend said/asked the same thing.
I remember watching a 6 hour documentary a few years back to do with a herd that had been followed for 2 decades.
They smell the coming change in weather, and go in canyons where they are sheltered, or proceed to a grove of trees that are near. Especially when they have foals to protect.
Smart animals!
I don't like to see horses with out a choice of being udner cover or not either.
ReplyDeleteMy two if i put there blankets on will sleep in the rain or snow inthe middle of the pasture when they have cover to go under. LOL
The last two shots remind me of Lynch's Twin Peaks. Both spooky and majestic. Just how cold is it over there? I found a wee 'naked' hedgehog last week, in midday, at -4C, trying to feed on some piece of old, frozen bread slice the birds had knocked down. Had to bring it in as it stood no chance to overwinter on its own and underweight. I now have a stinky, ravenous dudette to add that special 'note' to bathroom refreshing ;-)
ReplyDeleteJanice, I couldn't agree more. Horses need to have the option of getting out of the rain....those 2 beauties were out in the elements in a huge field. Maybe at the moment I saw them they were fine, but what about after 4 hours of standing in rain? That can't be healthy.
ReplyDeleteViolet, I guess cold is a relative term. What's cold to one, is not bad to the other. Temperature right now is 7 celcius. ( 45 Fahrenheit ) To me that is pretty warm. But I have a friend who would deem this weather freezing cold. What a wimp!
A hedgehog? You found and brought indoors a hedgehog?? You are my new hero. :))WTF do wild hedgehogs eat??
Its not healthy and to be wet when the tempertures drop is even worse. Horses left out in the rain day and night over time will develop rain scald. Never mind what it dose to there feet. BC weather is really brutal on hooves with no dry ground to dry out on.
ReplyDeleteThese two horses are in really good shape though and look like they are perhaps mom and daughter. Both of thier manes are at even lengthes so that tells me they are being groomed by a horse savy person.
Maybe they are brought in every night? I'm glad your looking out for them as things can turn really bad as you know really fast.
Just an fyi, I think I got the comments fixed on Chicken Scribbles. And no, I didn't specifically block you! He He.
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting in my blog.You're living in the wonderful nature. Wonderful!
ReplyDelete