Another lady was there...asking the Vet to kill her 8 month old poodle X. The puppy, she said, was not handleable.
My co-workers daughter scooped the pup and brought him home, hoping he would be company for their 6 year old Spaniel X. He was snappy and extremely fearful of men, very aggressive if the other dog even walked by his food bowl, and becoming more and more cranky, was never consistently trained to go outdoors to do his business, and just a super unhappy puppy. My co-worker and her daughter had the very best of intentions, but they had no knowledge of how to properly deal with his problems.
Rocket has been through 4 guardians in one short year. 4 different people/families all having no real clue as to how to tend to this baby. Poor bugger.
Soooo, my co-worker, who knows I am a sap when it comes to dogs, asked me if I could help find him a home. Rocket is now living in Kamloops with a woman who is experienced with small dog issues. After Rocket is neutered, vacc'd., and learns to trust once again, he will be available for adoption.
At 10 am this morning Kelsie, Brianne, myself and Justin drove up to
Merritt ( about 75 minutes away and up a mountain to meet half-way ) to hand deliver Rocket to his new friend/trainer Courtenay.
Rocket, I wish you all the wonderful things in life you deserve....a guardian who adores and worships you, plenty of fresh air, and walks, quality food that will make your silky coat gleam and your innards feelin' wonderful, and friends wherever you go. And I hope you don't lose the spunk I saw!!
Thank you Jean, for posting on rescue and message boards about this little guy. You always come through. And Courtenay, thank you so very, very much for taking on this little terrorist!
Rocket:
On our drive back down the mountain we stopped a few times to stretch our legs, and enjoy the mountain scenery. And also veered off on logging roads....
We came across a few Marmots. Popping up from their carefully dug holes in the ground....showing no real fear, just curiosity.
Hangin' out in the yard after the trip with a nice cuppa',and here comes our resident Stellar Jay. ( thanks for sticking around while I dashed indoors to get my camera buddy! )
I am so happy that this all worked out for Rocket! He will now have the opportunity to receive the consistent positive training that helps a dog to live harmoniously with a human for the rest of his life.
ReplyDeleteHave a great life, Rocket.
Oh rocket.
ReplyDeleteFleas have been introduced to my home. Once the fleas are taken care of, we will start the "Serious" training. Lord, I hate fleas. I don't know how you coastal people cope!
NO fleas at all up there? How the heck does that happen? How nice for you!!
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous.....
Poor little soul, lucky for him, there are some real HUMANS in this world, and I'm proud to be reading their blogs. God bless you and this little furry menace!
ReplyDeleteJust popped by to let you know you have been tagged ;-)
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Violet