August 04, 2011

Observations and photos


Henry’s nose fits perfectly in my eye socket.


‘Bruised’ eyeballs scare small children. ( sorry again to the little scaredy cat girl at the post office. )


Fact: if dogs sleep on your pillow and bedding before you retire for the night you will have sweet dreams and a restful sleep.

Fact: I’ve never before used the word “retire” when speaking about going to bed. Sounds like I’m a high falootin’ 1920’s rich bitch with a cigarette holder. And a drawl. And a dry martini. And white elbow length gloves.

I bet I would have been beautiful too. Like the grand dame below.




The pride parade ( the photo above is from that day ) made me feel, ohhh, I don’t know, less outwardly colorful. My anthem now is to wear more color.

I’m going to wear brighter colors! A brighter shade of blue jeans? Maybe a sparkle of pink nail polish? Clean my white runners more often?


Yikes, I need a make-over!


Fact: Grandbabies make your heart hurt sooooo bad in a good way. It’s akin to experiencing the same intense love you have for your own child, but different. It’s freer. It’s exhilarating. It’s a grand thing.




This 1 window skylight of the 2 in my sardine can makes me smile.



IMG_6127

IMG_6128

IMG_6709

Enjoy your day…You only have one August 4th in 2011!

2 comments:

  1. Yes it is a grand thing, and i hope you are enjoying your day as well :-). Beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jade is the name of your grand daughter right Donna? I know you know the utter joy....they are magical!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...