When Henry knows he's gotten away with a lot of foolishness with the other dogs he swaggers. And has a shit eatin' grin on his face.
Ticket is the absolute best alarm clock in the world! She gently licks my face while ever so slightly while tapping my arm with a foot. ( and always between 6:45 and 7:00 am. )
Watcher....I am soooo proud of him. He's come a loooong way. From a genetically programmed spook to a full fledged full of confidence German Shepherd Dog. And his focus on myself has never swayed. Good boy my Watcher man!
The different species of trees that cover our yard area are wondrous. I look forward to Autumn and Winter. The colors will be spectacular!
My copper and purple tea light lanterns are hanging from branches where my wee table and 2 chairs are. Photos to follow.
Henry is a digging fool. Now, dogs are natural diggers....so I left alone a 8' X 10' area for him to dig to his hearts content. When he started digging in other areas I redirected him to *his* area. He gets it and digs it. Everyone wins.
To order crushed rock is simple and it's actually inexpensive. To have it delivered is whacked out highly expensive. My brain can NOT wrap around paying near 85% MORE for delivery. I understand the concept of a large truck ( fuel service charges, gst and now the fucking hst ) but nuh uh man. Not gonna' do it. I will find a cheaper way.
Air conditioning is vital.
Don't ya' wanna' slap yourself when you drive many miles away to specifically grab one thing, amongst others, and then you forget the one important thing? Sorry Henry, I will go back to Chilliwack to get you your wading pool Monday.
Did I mention that air conditioning is vital?
I think we have the same lanterns!
ReplyDeleteI haven't put mine up yet tho,since the move:)
One year,I planted bulbs. I get to the end of a row..Beans had dug them allll up the rotten dog;p
You sent me a photo of Beans a long time ago. I see him quite clearly in my mind.
ReplyDeleteI love the dogs that dig....they are true unto themselves!
Oh! The lanterns I have are from Canadian Tire. I will for certain take a photo of them tomorrow. I would not be surprised if they were the same ones you have. Like minds and all that jazz!
ReplyDeleteI appreciate that you love your dogs and that but why let a dog dig up a yard? Is your dogs in charge or are u?
ReplyDeleteHmmm....am I in charge.
ReplyDeleteI suppose I am. I dictate when dinner is served, when we go for mountain strolls, when we sit and rest and all the etc's. I keep them confined within fences, give them treats when I feel like it, groom them/brush their teeth twice weekly no matter what they say, and I take them to see a vet even thought they detest it.
Yes, I am in charge.
BUT, if I can give each one of them as many little piddley things as they desire I will try my hardest to allow it to happen.
Henry is not digging up my yard. He has a nice spot in a corner where he has free choice to dig or not to dig. His digging spot does not take away from any of us. It adds to his happiness. And that's a good thing.
I think it's pretty cool that you let Henry do his doggly duties and dig! That's the spice of life. I had a friend that let her kid play (and pretty ferociously) in a mud puddle. That kid was caked in mud, but he was having the time of his life.
ReplyDeleteGiggling here!
ReplyDeleteI can just see some kid splashing and playing in a mud puddle while Mom looked on smiling. :))
Everyone needs a Mom like that!
Thanks for your comments!
HAhahahaahahah the shit eatin' grin on his face. My dear, I can relate to that, and then what about the intoxicating breath that comes with the package? I have also left parts of my backyard to the freedom of the dogs but little did I know that the area where moles often come up will become the official feeding ground for Nera (possibly the most voracious dog in the galaxy) , who eagerly stuffs her head inside looking for cat poo ;-) and then comes back home smelling like the sewer truck. Priceless ! LOL
ReplyDeleteAnd mind you, I also love the fact that you let your dogs keep being dogs, and not just pets or pre-programmed toys with no mind of their own and no personality. Of course, as long as you keep an eye on their possible tendency to become spoiled, even though I think humans are the only specie who have mastered the thing ;-)
ReplyDeleteI too applaud the "digging corner". I'm thankful my dogs don't dig, but if they were diggers and doing no harm nor risking their own safety (ie by digging under the fence), I'd be delighted to give them a safe place to play. Kudos to you for teaching Henry which spot is "his", and for letting him have fun.
ReplyDeleteBut then, I'm another mama who let her two-legged kid play in mudpuddles. And sometimes I even joined in!
Violet: EWWWWWWW!! I don't have any cats and so far I haven't seen one who had the balls/stupidity to enter this yard. A bear yes, a kitty nope.
ReplyDeleteHave you heard this joke?
Why do cats bury their poop?
Because even THEY know it smells that bad!
Your thoughts that humans have mastered the art of spoiling themselves... So very true.
Violet, did you know that Croatia is added to my *bucket list* because of you?!! I absolutely adore you, and your blog! ( I still have 3 spots left on my bucket list! ) Egads...I have thought of another blog entry!
Jean: I bet you were a fun Mom!
ReplyDeleteHope you're feeling better.
I just dropped a grand to fix the AC in my van - yeah, AC is a must LOL.
ReplyDeleteAnd we got a portable AC unit in the house which sure makes life a lot nicer! We went to the air show yesterday & we roasted, but the dogs & cat were blissfully napping in a cool house with the AC on all day! Sure was nice not to worry about them & to come home to a cool house.
I had a portable air conditioner years ago...loved that unit!
ReplyDeleteThe only thing that resembles a portable ac now is one of those dollar store personal fans. Works like a charm sitting outdoors with the dogs. Now if only I could teach one of them to hold it for me!