November 23, 2009

Yay! I get the barn!!

What in the hell am I talking about? Weeell, there are 4 staff people at Saints, and we all got our *permanent* positions doled out today. I GOT THE BARN!!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!!

I've worked in all positions now, Carol wants us all well versed in each position so we can easily step into each others role if someone is ill. While I LOVED working in the house with the dogs and cats, and really enjoyed giving out meds, my heart is in the barn!

So, my job will be to feed and water 4 horses, 3 cows, 3 sheep, 1 llama, 3 goats, 1 farm pig, 2 pot bellied pigs, 4 ducks and 2 chickens every a.m. Then clean every stall, pen, poop scoop the riding ring, fields, 2 loafing sheds and put out hay for them all. I will also be taking care of the shop ( of which I and my dogs have a loft I live in upstairs ) that houses the feed for all the animals, the bedding and crates etc. Basically keeping the foods rotated and to keep things neat and orderly. Also I will be walking Dusty and Lucky ( the 2 blind dogs in the multi purpose building ) and Champ every afternoon. Then my day is done. Till 4 p.m. when I help Carol put the barn guys to bed, which is the exact same feeding routine as the a.m.

OMG...I get PAID for this???


Hope you all had as wonderful a day as I did!!

3 comments:

  1. I.am.so.jealous! lol
    But immensely happy for you!
    Sounds like the perfect job to me:)
    COngratulations!
    PS:I'm saving all my Canadian Tire money for S.A.I.N.T.S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I would want the barn too...with short breaks to snuggle doggies lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lael...you crazy ass cat lady! Thanks for the congrats. :)) I am soooo happy to be employed here once again I cannot even begin to tell you!

    Hey, do you shop at Canadian Tire a lot? Because I shop rarely there and have saved about $12 in CT *money* in about the same amount of years.
    P i t i f u l. Hehehehe!! Thanks for saving for Saints!

    Malahoot...I get plenty of snuggles with my barn buddies. There are 4-6 dogs ( depending on weather and temperament )to snuggle with every 15 minutes or so. And then there's Al, who asks...no...fucking DEMANDS his ball be thrown every 2 minutes! OMG, I get PAID for this!?!?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...