October 18, 2008

Last day at work...YAY! and Booooo!

Today is my last day of work. I live in a small tourist town, which means we rely on tourists to line our pockets with gold. ( yah...right! ) This shortage of work, will have me on the dreaded Employment Insurance for a few months until all the travelers start traveling again. ( goooo travelers! )

What shall I be doing?

Will I be thinking of new adventures?


Will I be running and playing?


Or will I be...


Maybe I will be lazing on the couch?


Maybe I'll go to the river and hunt for heart rocks!


Go for walks....


Warming myself by the fire?


Someone will be along any second to play ball...I know that!


Will I walk through fields?


Will I be able to shake things off that bother me?


Will I be melancholy?


Or serious?


All of the above! But mostly, I'll be looking at the world in a whole new light...


All these photos are of Jack, my bestest friend in the world. ( edited to add that Jack passed away this past February )

I'll be doing all of the above! As well as less important things. Like painting my bedroom, cleaning the wall areas where wet and dirty dogs have muddied them up, buying brackets to put shelves on walls for my books....all sorts of less important stuff.

I'll definitely be getting back into beading, I missed that during the past few months.

But most of all, my daughter-in-law Sumeet and I are wanting to start our own business which we need to get to work on. ( I'll fill you in on that later! )

K, I'm off to make myself beautiful for my last day of work! Ha!

2 comments:

  1. Jack and you are going to have some real fun now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack and I had 11ish years of fun. :)) I am supremely grateful. He passed away last February.

    But, he comes back to me a lot Janice.

    He dances in my heart every day. He is on my shoulder, in my heart, and on my sleeve every second of every day..

    You know the saying...when things pass,they still live in you.

    It is true. I know you know that.

    I am smiling at you Janice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...