February 22, 2008

"Stuff"

A couple of months ago I looked at this towering pile of boxes. All filled with my stuff. It was becoming scary because it grew! More stuff piled on more stuff with each passing week it seemed.

I was a hoarder of "stuff". I say "was" because I opened every box, and held every item in my hands. If my heart didn't go pitter patter when I held it, it got tossed into a box for charity. In the end ( 3 days later ), the one box turned into 28 boxes of "stuff" destined for charity.

Books. What the hell was I hanging onto all those books for? Was I planning on opening a library one day?

Clothes. Does any one person need the shameful amount of T-Shirts and sweaters and shorts I had? Was I planning on opening a gently used clothing store one day?

Trinkets and Baubles. Whoa. All that stuff sure could take up alot of space even if I had room for them, which I don't.

I hope I can maintain the desire to keep my life as uncluttered as possible with stuff, that in the end means squat really.

I hope I didn't just make room for more "stuff".

Funny "stuff" George!



1 comment:

  1. I've been going through the de-stuffing process myself these past couple of weeks because we're getting ready to move in the next couple of days.

    We don't have a whole bunch of stuff to begin with since we go through it every so often, but it was still much more than I thought. I don't find it hard letting go of things, really. Once they're out of the house, I don't tend to miss them. It's getting them out of the house that's the hard part.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...